For Sale: 1989 Volkswagen Syncro Westfalia Weekender
Located in La Paz, Baja Mexico. Legally registered in South Dakota, United States.
I purchased this 4WD Syncro in 2018 and spent over a year lovingly converting it from a plain Tin Top Syncro, to a beautiful Syncro Westfalia Weekender. It has been completely gone through cosmetically and mechanically. With a clean South Dakota title, rebuilt 2.1 engine and and rebuilt drivetrain (including the precious Syncro Transmission) you will have no issues traveling in it anywhere. I have built this Van to be as reliable as possible.
List of work performed:
- Full windows out paint job, body work, new window seals, door seals, undercoating and truck bed liner. VanCafe Metal replacement rear window that can be used to mount MaxTrax or other accesories, painted to match the body. Color chosen is BMW Estoril Blue which is a BMW M car color.
- Westfalia Weekender interior conversion with pop top, GoWesty Pop Top Canvas
- Complete interior upholstery, reupholstered front seats, rear Z bed/bench, all new carpeting, and the walls on the inside have been carpeted to match.
- Freshly Rebuilt (and broken in) 2.1L engine including new cap and rotor, new plugs and wires, rebuilt power steering pump, rebuilt power steering rack, new rebuilt ECU, rebuilt alternator.
- Completely new Cooling System front to back including all new hoses.
- Complete brake system overhaul, new pads and rotors in the front and new drum brakes in the rear.
- New Bilstein HD Shocks with stock Syncro springs
- Brand new General Grabber AT2 27” tires on 14” Alloy Wheels with full size spare tire
- Dash out service including new heater core and blower motor
- Freshly Rebuilt Syncro Transmission with all new bearings and gaskets. New GoWesty driveshaft
- New wheel bearings all around
- 8x replacement CV joints and new boots
- Complete suspension rebuild with new upper and lower ball joints, tie rods, suspension bushings
- Pioneer Bluetooth Stereo and speakers
- Ceramic window tint
- New starter battery