*Update on Escapar a la Baja, Dos 12/23/20*
This weekend the the state of Baja California Sur closed the beaches around La Paz, including Playa El Tecolote, and raised the COVID-related threat level to Orange. It is also now a legal requirement to wear a mask anywhere, everywhere, in Mexico.
We are watching the situation closely and talking with our contacts in the local tourism Authority.
We are not officially postponing or cancelling Escapar a la Baja (yet) but we want to state/recommend:
1. Safety should be everyone’s primary concern: practice social distancing, wear a mask, get tested, and get the vaccine when it becomes available.
2. In the event we postpone/cancel the gathering, we are aware many are still traveling to Baja this winter. Please see #1.
February 5th, 6th, & 7th 2021. Playa Tecolote, Baja California Sur
Last January, Escapar a la Baja uno took Baja by storm. Attended by over 50 intrepid pioneers led by Josiah Roe and Ben Quesnel, the first annual Baja campout outside of La Paz, BCS Mexico was 3 days of peace, love, and Soundboks on the picturesque white sand beach of Playa Tecolote. This year we are looking to expand the gathering, which is open to all, and create something worthy of some of our other favorite gatherings such as Descend on Bend in Oregon, and SyncroFest in California. Explore beautiful La Paz, Baja, relax on the beach, eat some fish tacos, and throw back your favorite Mexican libation.
Details: Please check back often as updates will be posted regularly
- Escapar a la Baja is currently a FREE event. We kindly ask that you register below if you wish to attend so that we can make preparations commensurate with the number of anticipated attendees.
- The trip between San Diego/Tijuana and La Paz is approximately 20 hours and 1000 miles, or much longer if you do it right and take your time. Baja is filled with incredible secluded beaches and hidden gems. Take your time, explore, enjoy yourself.
- Playa Tecolote is a free public beach
- There are restaurants nearby, but you will need to bring your own food, water, shelter, etc. This is Baja, after all.
- Right now borders to and from Mexico are open, though please keep an eye on any changes to this in the months ahead as things could change
- We hope to have a Taco Stand, Coffee Stand, and Beer/Cocktails for sale at reasonable prices
- Do as much or as little as you want. There are great off roading trails nearby, watersports steps away, the city of La Paz is about 20 minutes away.
Check out our Facebook Page here